1. You hear the synopsis about a book that I think you might find interesting, and you don’t care if the lead character is a girl or a boy: it’s a book that sounds good to you. That’s what you care about.
2. You can climb on just about anything, including walls.
3. “I don’t care if I’m popular or not.”
4. You have your own way, and don’t get swayed by the crowd: “I don’t get it. Everybody loves Minecraft. Why? It looks really boring.” “So, you don’t want to try it?” “Not if it’s as boring as it looks.”
5. You have a capacity to forgive and let go that is mind-blowingly beautiful.
6. You know more about origami than I ever will, and you bought your own glue gun.
7. “When I grow up, I want to be a chef and own my own restaurant. You guys can get a discount.”
8. Your favorite vegetable is cauliflower.
9. You see a picture of a girl making the “fish lips” face and say, “that’s so not cool.”
10. You manage the hand you were dealt with grace and wisdom that most kids your age and some adults will never know.