1. Pinterest. I love me some Pinterest. I’m noticing that it’s being taken over by platitudes. I’m waiting for the “repin if you agree. 99% of you won’t repin. Be the 1%.” I’m always happy to be the 99 % in this case. It happens enough on Facebook. Can we please make that a no-no on Pinterest? KEEP PINTEREST COOL, FRIENDS.
2. Please to explain: a cross-over Porche. If you’re going to get a Porche, do it right. Get a PORCHE. Not an expensive Porche-ish Mommy car.
3. From the “What Did You Say?” Files:
“Mommy, can I have chicken balls for lunch?”
4. SubHub and I have always read to the kids at night. SubHub realized this week that reading to Girl Child at night has taken a turn for the awkward when she started reading, “Mermaids Don’t Wear Toe Rings.” He said, “I’m not good at reading out loud about periods and shaving.” Touché SubHub.
5. Sound Field Systems are cool. So, I FINALLY have everything in place the Girl needs to hear what the hell is going on at school. We also bought a home/portable Sound Field system. Here’s an unexpected bonus: no more yelling. I flip on the speaker, slip on the microphone, voila! Everyone’s attention. Hooray! Such a bonus! (See? Bright side. Gotta find one somewhere.)
6. Tofu is GOOD. There. Out loud, I said it, I like tofu. Try it sometime. Also, if someone had told me 20 years ago that on a random Friday night I would crave tofu, I would have laughed at them, and then told them they were on drugs.
7. Submmomy’s Download Of The Week: M83 – Midnight City. Good warm-up running tune. Very 80’s-esque. Love this group.
8. The Week (or two) in iPhone pics:
|Spring-like in the new park|
|T-shirt & shorts in Feb. I call that “brave.”|
|Leggings, dress boots, braids.|
|Nature provides the best textures.|
Until next time, friends! When I come at you another year older. Oy.