1. From the “You’re Not The Only Person In The Universe” files: So, madam, I know that all the latest gossip from your friend is interesting and all, but must you discuss it while you’re standing on the lat machine doing nothing but standing on it talking? Must you?
2. So, I’m sure that most of America has at least HEARD of a Snuggie by now. Well, Boy Child and I wander into Bed Bath & Beyond, which, in my opinion, is kind of like the chick version of Home Depot, and they’ve started selling them there. I noticed something on the box – the Grandma is all warm and snuggly in her Snuggie, and she’s holding a baby – not in a Snuggie. So, what, the kid gets to be cold?
3. Speaking of Bed Bath & Beyond: Things I Hate: Back scratchers. shudder. That’s likely one of the most uncomfortable feelings on earth for me. DO NOT run fingernails, or anything that feels like them, down my back. Yew.
4. Embarrassing song of the week: When I Grow Up by The Pussy Cat Dolls.
I can’t believe I like this song. “I wanna see the world, drive nice cars, I wanna have groupies.”
Have you seen my brain? I left it somewhere.
5. So ANNOYED! They canceled Life On Mars. Jerks.
6. Since when is a fleece hoodie and a wool gabardine suit blazer a fashion statement for men? I might file that one under “Only in Portland.” Do men everywhere dress like that? Newsflash: It looks dorky.
7. Fresh broccoli is better than frozen. It just IS. It tastes different. Don’t argue with me.
8. Question: The difference between “Shapewear” and a “Girdle” is what, exactly?
Wish me luck this weekend, friends: I’m running in This on Sunday – 8k. Ouch. But, if I can do it – SO CAN YOU. Off your couch, friends.